Ecotourism in Paris and at Hotel des 2 Continents
Welcome to Paris and to the Hotel des 2 Continents.
Because we love travel as much as our planet, and because sustainable tourism perfectly matches our hotel values, we have started an ecological shift. And we are proud to announce you that we obtained the Green Key label, the first international sustainable tourism label for tourist accommodation, very soon. It rewards hotels that stand out in terms of sustainability and environmental policy.
Our ecological approach
We have made water and energy consumption our priority :
- Water resources management: Installation of flow limiters
- Energy resources management: Low consumption light bulbs / presence detector / timer
- Sensitization of our guests and staff to the use of air conditioning, heating…
But not only …
- Our teams are trained to respect the daily ecological gestures.
- We choose our service providers and suppliers according to their sustainable and social commitments.
- The sorting of waste which is set up in the rooms and in the common areas also contributes to our ecological approach. Thus, our waste is entirely sorted.
- The products used for cleaning are now all eco-labeled and their consumption controlled which offers better air quality and fewer health risks.
- The care products put in the rooms have been reviewed to save plastic and to be recyclable.They are fully eco-certified.
- Of course, we use organic products, short supply chains and seasonal products for breakfast.
- In order to limit waste, we work in partnership with a leshotelssolidaires.com to redistribute pastries not consumed at breakfast.
- The Hotel des 2 Continents is pleased to sponsor a beehive at Happyzabeille.
Our goals :
- Analyze our energy consumption in order to continue our efforts in our environmental involvement
- Calculate our carbon footprint
Let’s work together
Moreover, we would like to enlist your help in achieving our aims.
Let’s protect our water resources
- We will change your towels when needed: please leave in the bathtub or on the ground the ones to be changed.
- We limit the linen change (every 3 days) in order to reduce the impact of harmful products for the environment, and we propose you not to change linen and even not to clean the room. Just contact reception desk.
- Make sure taps are switched off when brushing teeth in order not to run water unnecessarily. A 5 minutes shower consumes 40 to 50 liters of water, each additional minute consumes 10 liters more.
- Be careful about what you throw into the toilets, wastebaskets are available in all bathrooms. Cigarette butts or sanitary towels for example distort the smooth running of water-treatment plants
- Please call the staff if there is any water leak or dysfunction
Energy is our future, let’s save it!
In your room, have the right reflexes:
- Use heating and air conditioning sparingly: it’s better for your health
- If you open the window, do not forget to turn off the heating or air conditioning
- Please turn off lights when leaving your room
Travel without polluting :
Ask the reception desk for all the information you need to get around and discover the city on foot, by bike, scooter, green cab, electric car, or by public transport.
Here are some applications or websites to visit the city without polluting :
- Citygem : a free app to visit Paris by foot, bike or scooter.
- Parisavelo.fr on this website, choose your bike and time of renting.
- Runnin’city : an app to visit the city by running.
Let’s reduce our waste quickly: it’s overflowing!
Whenever possible and in compliance with the rules of hygiene, we limit as much as possible disposable products and overpacks.
We sort the waste. You can help us by depositing:
- your empty packaging, bottles and newspapers in the black bin in your basket,
- your non-recyclable waste in the green bin in your basket,
- your used batteries at the reception desk.
We now offer our guests the opportunity to offset the carbon footprint of their stay by donating €1/day/room to ReforestAction. Let’s contact directly reception desk : email@example.com or +33 (0)1 43 26 72 46.
If you are interested in more informations the environmental impact of your trip, just click here.
Moreover, we are committed to improve our ecological approach, and this is a collective goal, so do not hesitate to share your ideas and support our values during your stay!